If you love Disney movies, then you’re going to love these Little Mermaid quotes!
The Little Mermaid is a Disney movie that came out in 1989. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid!
The main character in Ariel. She’s a Disney princess and a mermaid. She is super interested in humans and life on land.
She makes a deal with Ursula, the sea witch, and trades her voice for legs. She goes on land and falls in love with Prince Eric.
The movie follows them leading up to their wedding. It’s an awesome Disney movie that you should definitely watch if you haven’t already!
There was a live action Little Mermaid 2023, but the quotes you’ll read in this post are from the animated 1989 version.
The Little Mermaid is so popular that there are rides based on it in Disneyland and Walt Disney World. The Disneyland one is in California Adventure and it’s called The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure.
It’s one of our family’s favorite rides there and we made sure to ride it every time we visit! It has all the best songs from the movie and all your favorite characters too. We also met Ariel on our last trip!
The Disney World ride is called Under The Sea: Journey Of The Little Mermaid. It’s located in Magic Kingdom.
Related Content: 20 Little Mermaid Facts You Might Not Have Known
The Little Mermaid Quotes
Are you ready to read these cute Little Mermaid quotes? There are inspirational quotes, Little Mermaid love quotes, funny quotes, and more.
1. I don’t see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad. – Ariel
2. You’re not getting cold fins now, are you? – Ariel
3. Don’t be such a guppy. – Ariel
4. What’s that word again? – Ariel
5. Who says that my dreams have to stay just my dreams? – Ariel (This is my favorite Little Mermaid quote!)
6. What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand. – Ariel
Related Content: 7 Ariel Disneybound Outfits That’ll Look Sensational On You
7. I’ve never seen a human this close before. – Ariel
8. I don’t know when, I don’t know how, but I know something’s starting right now. – Ariel
9. Watch and you’ll see, someday I’ll be part of your world. – Ariel
10. I want to be where the people are. – Ariel
11. I’ve got gadgets and gizmos aplenty. I have whoozits and whatzis galore. – Ariel
Prince Eric Quotes
1. You’re the one, the one I’ve been looking for. – Prince Eric (This is one of the sweetest Little Mermaid quotes about love)
2. I’m sorry if this knucklehead scared you. – Prince Eric
3. Isn’t this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face. A perfect day to be at sea! – Prince Eric
4. A girl, rescued me. She was singing. She had the most beautiful voice. – Prince Eric
King Triton Quotes
1. As long as you live under my ocean, you’ll obey my rules. – King Triton
2. I consider myself a reasonable merman. – King Triton
1. Children have got to be free to lead their own lives. – Sebastian
2. The human world, it’s a mess. – Sebastian
3. You gotta bat your eyes, like this. – Sebastian
4. Geez, man. I’m surrounded by amateurs. – Sebastian
5. Boy, what a soft shell I’m turning out to be. – Sebastian
6. This has got to be, without a doubt, the single most humiliating day of my life. – Sebastian
7. We got not troubles… life is the bubbles under the sea. – Sebastian
8. You want something done, you’ve got to do it yourself. – Sebastian
9. Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs? – Sebastian
10. Down here all the fish is happy. – Sebastian
1. Okay. Yeah, you go. I’ll stay and—what? Sharks? Ariel! – Flounder
2. I’m not a guppy. – Flounder
3. Ariel’s been turned into a human. She’ll have to make the prince fall in love with her, and he’s gotta he’s gotta kiss her. – Flounder
1. You can’t get something for nothing, you know. – Ursula
2. The waves obey my every whim! – Ursula
3. Poor unfortunate souls! – Ursula
4. Life’s full of tough choices, isn’t it? – Ursula
5. So much for true love! – Ursula
6. Well, it’s time Ursula took matters into her own tentacles! – Ursula
7. So long, lover boy! – Ursula
8. No more talking, singing. Zip! – Ursula
9. We mustn’t lurk in doorways. It’s rude. – Ursula
10. Babies! My poor little poopsies. – Ursula
11. Don’t underestimate the importance of body language. – Ursula
12. Now I am the ruler of all the ocean! – Ursula
1. Have I ever been wrong? I mean, when it’s important! – Scuttle
2. Ya look great, kid. Ya look sensational. – Scuttle
3. It’s a dinglehopper. Humans use these little babies to straighten their hair out. – Scuttle
4. Now, the snarfblatt dates back to prehistorical times, when humans used to sit around and stare at each other all day. – Scuttle
1. Now, let’s eat before this crab wanders off my plate. – Grimsby
2. I think you’ve swallowed a bit too much seawater. – Grimsby
Little Mermaid Quotes FAQ
The line from The Little Mermaid that is the most famous is from a song that Ariel sings. It is “Someday I’ll be part of your world”.
Some catchphrases are “The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake” said by Sebastian and “I want to be where the people are.” said by Ariel.
A positive message from the movie is that it’s good to put other’s needs before your own. King Triton knows that Ariel is happier as a human, so he allows it even though he wants her to stay a mermaid and he’ll miss her in the sea.
I hope you found some Little Mermaid sayings in this post that you love! The movie has some of the best Disney movie quotes around.
Pin this image to save this image for later!