If you love Halloween and Christmas, then you’re going to love these Nightmare Before Christmas quotes!
Even if you haven’t seen the movie, I’m sure you’ve heard of Jack and Sally. Jack Skellington is the main character in this 1993 Disney movie and he falls in love with Sally.
He is the Pumpkin King and the whole town looks up to him. He feels empty inside though and is sick of Halloween. He then accidentally finds Christmastown and can’t believe his eyes!
He loves the colors, the happiness, the lights, and the feeling he has when he is there.
He kidnaps Santa Claus so he can take over his role. It’s an absolute classic movie that is loved by so many people.
Some people question if it’s a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie, but the true fans know that it’s both and watch it for both holidays.
The quotes in this movie are funny, cute, and inspirational. There are also love quotes from Jack and Sally that will melt your heart.
Are you ready to read these amazing quotes from Nightmare Before Christmas? Let’s get right into it!
Nightmare Before Christmas Quotes
The quotes in this post are inspirational, short, and funny. There are even some love quotes!
Best Jack Skellington Quotes
1. “Now don’t be modest. Who else is clever enough to make my Sandy Claws outfit?” – Jack Skellington
2. “There are children throwing snowballs, instead of throwing heads, they’re busy building toys and absolutely no one’s dead.” – Jack
3. “Since I am dead I can take off my head to recite Shakespearean quotations.” – Jack
Related Content: 6 Best Jack Skellington Disneybound Outfit Ideas
4. “And I just can’t wait until next Halloween ‘cause I’ve got some new ideas that will really make them scream. And by God, I’m really gonna give it all my might!” – Jack
5. “Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!” – Jack
6. “I could conquer the world with one hand, as long as you’re holding the other.” – Jack (This is my favorite Jack Skellington quote!)
7. “And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We’re simply meant to be.” – Jack
8. “I really tasted something swell, that’s right. And, for a moment, why, I even touched the sky and at least I left some stories they can tell.” – Jack
9. “You know, I think this Christmas thing is not as tricky as it seems! But why should they have all the fun? It should belong to anyone! Not anyone, in fact, but me!” – Jack
10. “And I, Jack, the Pumpkin King, have grown so tired of the same old thing.” – Jack
11. “That’s right. I am the Pumpkin King!” – Jack
Related Content: 11 Disney Christmas Shirts Perfect For Christmas Time
12. “What’s this? There’s color everywhere! What’s this? There are white things in the air! What’s this? I can’t believe my eyes, I must be dreaming; wake up, Jack, this isn’t fair!” – Jack
13. “My what a brilliant nose you have. The better to light my way! To the head of the team, Zero! We’re off!” – Jack
14. “And on a dark cold night, under full moonlight, he flies into the fog like a vulture in the sky!” – Jack
15. “Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it!” – Jack
16. “Oh, there’s an empty place in my bones, that calls out for something unknown.” – Jack
17. “I’m a master of fright, and a demon of light, and I’ll scare you right out of your pants.” – Jack
18. “Why does nothing ever turn out like it should?” – Jack
19. “My dearest friend, if you don’t mind, I’d like to join you by your side, where we can gaze into the stars.” – Jack
20. “What have I done? How could I be so blind? All is lost. Where was I? Spoiled all! Spoiled all! Everything’s gone all wrong.” – Jack
21. “I believe it was our most horrible yet! Thank you everyone.” – Jack
22. “I excel without ever even trying! With the slightest little effort of my ghostlike charms.” – Jack
23. “There are few who deny at what I do I am the best. For my talents are renowned far and wide. When it comes to surprises in the moonlit night, I excel without ever even trying.” – Jack
24. “There’s something out there far from my home. A longing that I’ve never known.” – Jack
25. “If they only understood, he’d give it all up, if he only could.” – Jack
26. “There’s got to be a logical way to explain this Christmas thing.” – Jack
1. “But you’re the Pumpkin King!” – Sally
2. “I’m grown up now. I have to leave some time.” – Sally
3. “I wear my scars with pride. They’re a reminder of times when life tried to break me, but failed.” – Sally
4. “Taking over Christmas is no way to fill the gaping hole you feel inside.” – Sally
5. “You don’t need to pretend. Not with me.” – Sally
6. “I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.” – Sally
7. “What a joy to think of all we’ll have in common. We’ll have conversations worth having.” – Sally
8. “I sense there’s something in the wind, that feels like tragedy’s at hand. And though I’d like to stand by him, I can’t shake this feeling that we have.” – Sally
9. “The worst is just around the bend, and does he notice my feelings for him? And will he see how much he means to me? I think it’s not to be.” – Sally
10. “He wants to change his life…and I want to change mine, too.” – Sally
Other Classic Quotes From The Nightmare Before Christmas
1. “That’s twice this month you’ve slipped deadly nightshade into my tea and run off.” – Dr. Finkelstein
2. “Curiosity killed the cat, you know.” – Dr. Finkelstein
3. “Nothing’s more suspicious than frog’s breath!” – Dr. Finkelstein
4. “The sound of rolling dice to me is music in the air, ’cause I’m a gambling Boogie Man, although I don’t play fair!” – Oogie Boogie
5. “Jack! But they said you were dead. You must be double dead!” – Oogie Boogie
6. “You’re jokin’, you’re jokin’! I can’t believe my ears! Would someone shut this fella up? I’m drowning in my tears!” – Oogie Boogie
7. “She’s the only one who makes any sense around this insane asylum!” – Santa Claus
8. “Haven’t you heard of peace on Earth and goodwill toward men?” – Santa Claus
9. “Kidnap the Sandy Claws, beat him with a stick. Lock him up for 50 years, see what makes him tick!” – Lock, Shock, and Barrel
10. “Come with us, and you will see. This is our town of Halloween!’ – Shadows
11. “Say it once, say it twice, take a chance and roll the dice. Ride with the moon in the dead of the night.” – The Witches
12. “Life’s no fun without a good scare.” – Trio of Kids
13. “There’s only 365 days left until next Halloween!” – The Mayor
14. “This is Halloween, this is Halloween! Pumpkins scream in the dead of night.” – Pumpkins
15. “Everyone hail to the Pumpkin King!” – Corpses
Nightmare Before Christmas Quotes FAQ
One of the cutest lines Jack says to Sally is “And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We’re simply meant to be.”
Jack Skellington’s most famous line in the movie is “I could conquer the world with one hand, as long as you’re holding the other.”.
Oogie Boogie’s catchphrase is “I am the shadow on the moon at night / Filling your dreams to the brim with fright.” He sings it.
I hope you found some Nightmare Before Christmas movie quotes in this post that you love! They make great captions for Instagram for posts when you go to the Disney parks at Halloween time.
Pin this image to save this post for later!