The Lion King was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up and I still love it as an adult. It came out in 1994 and was a huge hit. You’re going to love reading these Lion King movie quotes.
Some of the characters in this movie are Simba, Nala, King Mufasa, Scar, Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Zazu, Banzai, and Shenzi. There are also some scary hyenas in the movie.
Matthew Broderick is the voice of Simba and James Earl Jones is the voice of Mufasa.
The main character is Simba. His dad, Mufasa, is King of the Pride Lands and Simba is next in line to be King. Simba’s Uncle Scar kills Mufasa so he can become the next king and he makes Simba think that it was his fault.
Simba runs away from the Pride Lands and grows up with Timon and Pumbaa. Nala finds him one day and tells him he must come back and save the Pride Lands because Scar has destroyed them.
Simba eventually goes back and becomes king like he was supposed to.
This movie has awesome quotes and also songs. Some of my favorites are Hakuna Matata and I Just Can’t Wait To Be King.
You’ll find quotes that are inspirational, funny, and about love.
Lion King Movie Quotes
Here you’ll find quotes from Simba, Mufasa, Nala, Rafiki, Zazu, Timon, Pumbaa, Scar, Banzai, and Shenzi.
1. I’m going to be King of Pride Rock. – Simba
2. You can’t do anything to me, because I’m the future king! – Simba
3. But, Zazu, you told me they are nothing but slobbery, mangy stupid poachers. – Simba
4. Hey Uncle Scar, when I’m king, what’ll that make you? – Simba
5. Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger. – Simba
6. Well, somebody once told me that the great kings of the past are up there, watching over us. – Simba
7. As you go through life, you will see that there is so much that we don’t understand. And the only thing we know is things don’t always go the way we plan. – Simba
Related Content: 25 Of The Best Beauty And The Beast Quotes
1. While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give. – Mufasa
2. Remember who you are. You are my son and the one true king.” – Mufasa
3. Everything the light touches is our kingdom. – Mufasa
4. Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope. – Mufasa
5. Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me. Look inside yourself Simba, you are more than what you have become, you must take your place in the circle of life. Remember who you are, remember. – Mufasa
6. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so, we are all connected in the great Circle of Life. – Mufasa
7. It belongs to no one, but will be yours to protect. A great responsibility. – Mufasa
8. A king’s time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king. – Mufasa
9. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble. – Mufasa
Related Content: 14 Interesting Facts About Lilo and Stitch That You Must Know
1. I left to find help, and I found you. Don’t you understand? You’re our only hope. – Nala
2. My Simba. You want so much to walk the path expected of you. – Nala
3. Simba, he let the hyenas take over the Pride Lands. – Nala
4. Can you feel the love tonight? – Nala
1. Asante sana, squash banana, wewe nugu, mimi apana! – Rafiki
2. Any story worth telling is worth telling twice. – Rafiki
3. Look beyond what you see. – Rafiki
4. It’s the Circle of Life and it moves us all, through despair and hope, through faith and love, ’til we find our place on the path unwinding. – Rafiki
5. Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it. – Rafiki
6. Change is good. – Rafiki
1. Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen…Nobody knows my sorrow. – Zazu
2. There’s one in every family, sire. Two in mine, actually. And they always manage to ruin special occasions. – Zazu
1. Repeat after me: Hakuna Matata. – Timon
2. To change the past is a big order, but you can change the future. – Timon
3. Friends stick together to the end. – Timon
4. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. – Timon
5. See, I told you having a lion on our side wasn’t such a bad idea. – Timon
1. I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away. – Pumbaa
2. You Got To Put Your Behind In Your Past! – Pumbaa
1. Ahh, so you haven’t told them your little secret. Well, Simba, now’s your chance to tell them. Tell them who is responsible for Mufasa’s death! – Scar
2. Mufasa’s death was a terrible tragedy; but to lose Simba, who had barely begun to live… For me it is a deep personal loss. So it is with a heavy heart that I assume the throne. Yet, out of the ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet the dawning of a new era… in which lion and hyena come together, in a great and glorious future! – Scar
3. Truth? But, truth is in the eye of the beholder. – Scar
1. Who you callin upid-stay? – Banzai
1. I know you. You’re Mufasa’s little stooge. – Shenzi
2. Now this is a meal I’ve waited my whole life for. What an unexpected treat, to eat the son of a king. – Shenzi
Pin this image to save these Lion King quotes for later!