Lightning McQueen is a famous red racecar who got his start in the Disney movie Cars in 2006. All Cars fans are going to love these Lightning McQueen quotes!
The Lightning McQueen sayings in this post are iconic, classic, funny, and emotional. You’re going to love them!
They’re also perfect if you’re looking for Cars quotes for Instagram captions.
You’ll also learn some fun facts about Lightning McQueen in this post.
Who Is Lightning McQueen?
Credit: Photo by depositphotos.com
Lightning McQueen is a character in the Walt Disney Pixar Cars franchise. He is in Cars, Cars 2, Cars 3, Cars Toon: Mater’s Tall Tales, and most recently Cars On The Road which is a show on Disney Plus.
His best buddy is Mater, a rusty old tow truck who says the funniest things. They weren’t always best friends though.
They met when Lightning McQueen got stuck in Radiator Springs on the way to a big race in California for the Piston Cup Championship.
In the beginning, Lightning McQueen is full of himself and all he cares about is racing and winning. After spending some time in Radiator Springs he learns about friendship and really loves the town and everyone there.
His sponsor is Rust-eze, which is why you’ll see that word written on his car.
Some of the other characters in the Cars movies are Mater, Sally Carrera, Cruz Ramirez, Doc Hudson, Luigi, Guido, Fillmore, Chick Hicks, and Jackson Storm.
Lightning McQueen is voiced by the very famous Owen Wilson.
He has some really funny and unique nicknames in the movies. My favorite is Muddy Britches (given to him in Cars 3 by Miss Fritter). Some of his other nicknames include Frightening McQueen, Stickers, Rookie, Whipplefilter, Hot Rod, and El McQueen.
You can meet Lightning McQueen in Cars Land in California Adventure. You can also see him on the popular ride there called Radiator Springs Racers.
Enough about who he is though, you’re here for the Disney Cars quotes, right?
Related Content: 26 Tow Mater Quotes That Will Keep You Laughing
The Best Lightning McQueen Quotes
These are the best Lightning McQueen quotes from the movie Cars, Cars 2, and Cars 3. The Lightning McQueen sayings in this post are iconic, classic, inspirational, motivational, funny, and emotional.
1. Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning… (This is what Lightning McQueen says before a race. It has become Lightning McQueen’s famous line.)
2. I’m a very famous racecar!
3. Ka-chow! (This is the Lightning McQueen catchphrase!)
4. I’m serious! He’s won three Piston Cups!
5. I create feelings in others that they themselves don’t understand.
6. Wuuuhuuu! Goodbye, Radiator Springs, and goodbye, Bessie! California, here I come! Yeah! Oh, fell that wind. Yes! No,no,no,no! Outta gas? How can I be outta gas?
7. I just figured, we never found out who the world’s fastest car is. Plus: no press, no trophy. Just racing – the way I like it.
8. No, Mater, I gotta finish this road, and I have to get out of here.
9. Mater, look, things are different over here. Which means maybe you should, you know, act a little different too.
10. Yeah, your job’s pretty easy today. All you gotta do is stand there and let me look at ya. Let’s just cut to the chase. You, me, dinner. Kachow!
11. No, no, no… they race on the European circuit. I’m in the Piston Cup! (said to Luigi)
12. Don’t leave me here! I’m in hillbilly hell! My IQ’s dropping by the second! I’m becoming one of them!
13. Float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer.
14. Officer, talk to me, babe. How long is this going to take? I got to get to California, pronto.
15. What do you think? Radiator Springs looks pretty good on me.
16. This is Lightning McQueen. I can handle anything.
17. I’ll see you at the finish line, buddy.
18. I can’t go out on the track and do the same old thing, it won’t work.
Related Content: 11 Disney Cars Birthday Cakes Perfect For The Cars Loving Kid
Funny Lightning McQueen Quotes
1. This grumpy old race car I know once told me something, “it’s an empty cup.”
2. Great timing, Mater.
3. I brought my friend Mater along on the trip. And I told him he needed to act different, that we weren’t in Radiator Springs.
4. Doc Hudson: I’ll put it simple: if you’re going hard enough left, you’ll find yourself turning right.
Lightning McQueen: Oh, right. That makes perfect sense. Turn right to go left. Yes, thank you! Or should I say No, thank you, because in Opposite World, maybe that really means thank you.
5. Uahh! I hate rusty cars. This is not good for my image.
6. I’m a precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics. (This is one of the most classic Lightning McQueen phrases!)
7. I wanted to give the folks a little sizzle.
8. What’s wrong with fenders? I thought you liked my fenders.
9. An imaginary girlfriend, flamethrowers. This is exactly why I don’t bring you along to these things.
10. Those are strong words from a car that is so fragile.
11. Lightning McQueen: [Fillmore has introduced him to organic fuel] Wow, this organic fuel is great! Why haven’t I heard about it before?
Fillmore: It’s a conspiracy, man! The oil companies got a grip on the government. They’re feedin’ us a bunch of lies man!
Emotional Lightning McQueen Quotes
1. Mater, you have to get a hold of yourself. You’re making a scene.
2. No, guys, I just really wish Mater were here.
3. You know they told him when he was done. He didn’t decide. I don’t want what happened to Doc… to happen to me.
4. I think The King should finish his last race.
5. How could a car like you quit at the top of your game?
6. I decide when I’m done.
7. This one’s for you, Doc.
8. This is my last chance, Cruz. Last! If I lose, I never get to do this again.
9. Come on. I’m a racecar, you’re… a much older racecar, but under the hood, you and I are the same.
10. Be yourself here. And if people aren’t taking you seriously, then they need to change. Not you.
11. I know I made you feel that way before, but none of that matters because we’re best friends!
Lightning McQueen FAQ
In Cars 3, Lightning McQueen can’t catch up to Jackson Storm in the race. He get intimidated and has a hard time with Jackson Storm taunting him. That is what causes him to crash.
No, he is not a villain. He’s arrogant and not very nice in the beginning of the movie, but he quickly shapes up and becomes friendly and likable.
Lightning’s top speed is 200mph. He can reach it in 3.2 seconds!
The main car he is based on is a Chevrolet Corvette C6.
Lightning McQueen’s number is 95. The significance of that number is that Toy Story (The first Pixar movie) came out in 1995.
These Cars Disney quotes are so fun to read. They are very funny, classic, and emotional. Which one is your favorite?do
Pin this image to save these Lightning McQueen quotes from Cars and Cars movie quotes for later and share them with your friends!