Standing in long lines can sometimes take the fun out of any ride at Disneyland.
Fortunately, there’s a way you can skip long, boring lines. Similar to the old FastPass+, Genie+ is a service that allows you to skip the line at Disney parks.
Of course, you’ll have to pay an extra fee for this service. So, you’re probably wondering, is Genie Plus worth it? Does Genie Plus work with all rides?
Using the Disney Genie service can be a little intimidating if you haven’t done it before, but we’ll help you with it.
You’ve come to the right place! In today’s article, we’ll answer all your questions about Genie Plus. Let’s get right into it.
What Are the Disney Genie and Genie Plus Services?
Disney Genie is a free service that allows you to plan your trip to Disneyland according to your top interests. It includes tons of features that’ll help you map out your special day. You can also use it for your Disney World vacation.
You can make a list of the attractions that you want to visit as well as make reservations at your favorite Disney restaurants.
Genie Plus, on the other hand, is a paid service. It allows you to reserve a time of arrival at various attractions for a daily cost.
With Genie Plus, you can use the Lightning Lane entrance and skip the queues. So, it’s basically a new FastPass+ system. You can also make Lightning Lane selections and purchase individual Lightning Lane attractions.
Related Content: What Is Rope Drop At Disneyland?
Is Genie Plus Worth It?
Genie Plus can be worth it if you’re planning to go on lots of rides and character greetings.
Additionally, you’ll benefit more from the service on busy days when the parks are crowded with people and wait times are long. You can also make your money’s worth by using the Genie Plus to go on the busiest rides.
On the other hand, in case you’re not there for the rides, Genie Plus may not be for you. Waiting in a couple of long lines won’t ruin your day!
How to Use Genie Plus?
To use Genie Plus, you need to download the My Disney Experience app first. Once you open the app, you’ll see the Disney Genie tab at the top of the screen.
One thing worth mentioning is that you can only buy the Genie Plus one day at a time. Additionally, you can’t book rides before your trip.
Starting at 7 am each day, you can start booking your arrival time at your favorite attractions. It might be a good idea to purchase Disney Genie Plus service before 7 am. This way, you’ll be able to book your arrival time as soon as it’s available.
To make individual Lightning Lanes bookings, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Open the “My Disney Experience” application on your smartphone and log in with your account.
- Go to “My Day” or “View My Day.”
- Press the “Tip Board” tab.
- Choose the Lightning Lane reservation of your choice.
- Once you finish the reservation, a confirmation screen will appear.
How Much Does Genie Plus Cost at Disneyland and Disney World?
The Disney World Genie Plus service costs around $15 to $29 per guest per day. On the other hand, Disneyland Genie Plus prices start at $25 per person per day. The cost might vary according to the time of the year and how busy the parks are.
The price difference between the two places is due to many reasons. For starters, you get unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads with the Genie Plus at Disneyland, but not at Disney World.
Additionally, you get some in-app perks and augmented reality lenses with Genie Plus at Disney World.
What Rides Does Genie Plus Support?
There are tons of rides that you can use Genie Plus with. We’ll mention some of the most popular ones that Genie Plus supports.
Here’s a list of some EPCOT Genie Plus rides:
- Frozen Ever After
- Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Mission: SPACE
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- Spaceship Earth
- Living with the Land
Magic Kingdom has a lot of amazing rides that Genie Plus works with, including:
- Jungle Cruise
- Splash Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Space Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Peter Pan’s Flight
Likewise, Hollywood Studios has a few unique Disney rides that Genie Plus supports. Let’s check them out:
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Tower of Terror
- Smugglers Run
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Genie Plus can give you a helping hand at a few Animal Kingdom rides, such as:
- Na’vi River Journey
- Expedition Everest
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Kali River Rapids
Tips for Using Genie Plus
So, you want to make the best use of your Genie Plus? Here’s a list of tips that you need to check out:
- Bring a charger or a power bank; you can’t use Genie Plus if your phone runs out of juice.
- Make sure you have the latest firmware version of the My Disney Experience app.
- Prioritize the Lightning Lane reservations for busy attractions, even on low-crowd days; the busy attractions might run out of reservations early.
- Stack multiple reservations in a short time window to maximize your Genie Plus.
- Overlapping reservations are allowed on the Disney app.
- You have a grace period of entering your Lightning Lane 15 minutes late.
- You can also enter the lane 5 minutes early.
- The My Disney Experience app might require you to re-login during your visit; make sure you memorize your password so that you don’t miss out on anything.
- Plan all the details of your visit beforehand, especially if you want to park hop.
So, is Genie Plus worth it?
Genie Plus can be worth it in case you’re planning to go on many rides and attractions at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure or at the Walt Disney World Resort. It also allows you to go on busy rides without waiting for hours in line.
On the other hand, Genie Plus may not be for you if you don’t have a lot of attractions at the theme parks that you want to visit. It’s also not the best option for someone on a tight budget.
Now that we answered your question, we hope you enjoy your trip to Disney!
Pin this image to save this post for later!