Hocus Pocus is easily one of the best and popular Halloween movies. If you’re a big fan of this Disney movie, then you’ll love reading these Hocus Pocus quotes.
My husband and I watch it every year on Halloween night and I can’t wait for the day our kids watch it with us.
The movie starts out in Salem, Massachusetts in the year 1693. It skips ahead to Salem in 1993 and that’s where the rest of the movie takes place.
It centers around the Sanderson Sisters. They’re 3 witches named Winifred (Winnie), Sarah, and Mary. They’re played by Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy.
The other main characters in the movie are Max Dennison, his sister Dani Dennison, and his love interest Allison. Other notable characters are the Spell Book, Thackery Binx, Emily Binx, Billy Butcherson, Jay, and Ernie aka Ice.
Max is a high schooler who’s new to Salem. He lights the black flame candle and brings back the Sanderson Sisters.
Max, Allison, and Dani have to stop the witches from becoming immortal and from stealing the souls of Dani and the other children in Salem.
The movie is so good and still so popular that it got a sequel. Hocus Pocus 2 came out on September 30, 2022. The Sanderson Sisters are back and are all played by the same women. I love both movies!
Related Content: 19 Best Disney Family Halloween Costumes
Winifred Sanderson Quotes
1. Oh, look. Another glorious morning. Makes me sick! – Winifred Sanderson
2. We must find the book, brew the potion and suck the lives out of the children of Salem before sunrise. Otherwise, it’s curtains. We evaporate! We cease to exist! Dost thou comprehend? – Winifred Sanderson
3. Don’t get your knickers in a twist! We’re just three kindly old spinster ladies. – Winifred Sanderson
4. Goodbye, cruel world. – Winifred Sanderson
Related Content: 34 Cruella De Vil Quotes That Are Just TOO Good
5. Thackery Binx, thou mangy feline. Still alive? – Winifred Sanderson
6. Sisters, All Hallow’s Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok! – Winifred Sanderson
7. Sisters, we’ve been gone 300 years. – Winifred Sanderson
8. Unfaithful lover long since dead. Deep asleep in thy wormy bed. Wiggle thy toes, open thine eyes, twist thy fingers toward the sky. Life is sweet, be not shy. On thy feet. So sayeth I! – Winifred Sanderson
9. My ungodly book speaks to you. On All Hallow’s Eve, when the moon is round, a virgin will summon us from under the ground. Oh, oh! We shall be back, and the lives of all the children of Salem will be mine! – Winifred Sanderson
10. I put a spell on you and now you’re mine. – Winifred Sanderson
11. Damn, damn, damn! Double damn. – Winifred Sanderson
12. Come, we fly! – Winifred Sanderson
13. Well, fancy! We desire children. – Winifred Sanderson
Sarah Sanderson Quotes
1. Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok! – Sarah Sanderson
2. Come little children, I’ll take thee away into a land of enchantment. Come little children. The time has come to play here in my garden of magic. – Sarah Sanderson
3. ‘Tis firm! ‘Tis firm as stone! – Sarah Sanderson
4. Dead man’s toe, dead man’s toe! Dead, dead, dead! – Sarah Sanderson
5. I am beautiful! Boys will love me! – Sarah Sanderson
6. My lucky rat tail! – Sarah Sanderson
7. Hang him on a hook and let me play with him! – Sarah Sanderson
Mary Sanderson Quotes
1. I suggest we form a calming circle. – Mary Sanderson
2. Oh, sister, thou art not being honest with thyself. Are we? Huh?Come on. Come on. Think soothing thoughts. Rabid bats, black death. Mummy’s scorpion pie. – Mary Sanderson
3. It’s the chocolate covered finger of a man named Clark! – Mary Sanderson
Max Dennison Quotes
1. Oh come on, it’s just a bunch of hocus pocus. – Max
2. Well, you see? It’s like this: I, I um broke into the old Sanderson house, and I brought the witches back from the dead. See, I even have the book. – Max
3. Fine, but everyone here knows that Halloween was invented by the candy companies. It’s a conspiracy. – Max
4. Let’s light this sucker and meet the old broads. – Max
Dani Dennison Quotes
1. This cat here, Binx. Right. He can talk. My brother’s a virgin. He lit the Black Flame Candle. The witches are back from the dead and they’re after us. We need help. – Dani
2. It’s a full moon tonight. That’s why all the weirdos are out. – Dani
3. I love you, jerkface. – Dani
4. Couldn’t you forget about being a cool teenager just for one night? – Dani
5. Thank you. I really like yours, too. Of course, I couldn’t wear anything like that because I don’t have any…What do you call’em, Max? Yabos? Max likes your yabos. In fact, he loves ‘em. – Dani
6. I’ll always take care of you, and my children will take care of you too, and their children after that, and their children after that. Forever and ever. – Dani
1. It just so happens that Halloween is based on the ancient feast called All Hallow’s Eve. It’s the one night a year where the spirits of the dead can return to Earth. – Allison
2. Well, it says to form a circle of salt to protect from zombies, witches, and old boyfriends. – Allison
Thackery Binx Quotes
1. You’re going to turn me into one of those fat, useless, contented house cats. – Thackery Binx
2. You hags! There are not enough children in the world to make thee young and beautiful! – Thackery Binx
3. I had to wait 300 years for a virgin to light a candle. – Thackery Binx
4. I shall always be with you. – Thackery Binx
Other Hocus Pocus Quotes
1. You lit the Black Flamed Candle? – Cop
2. Bubble, bubble, I’m in trouble. – Bus Driver
3. I want you to meet the little woman. – Devil
4. Aren’t you broads a little bit old to be trick or treating? – Master’s Wife
5. Oh man, how come it’s always the ugly chicks that stay out late? – Jay
6. They’re very health-conscious in Los Angeles. – Ernie
7. Wench! Trollop! You bucktoothed, mop-riding firefly from hell! – Billy Butcherson
Pin this image to save these Hocus Pocus quotes for later!