Gaston Legume is a villain in the 1991 animated Disney movie Beauty And The Beast. Gaston says a lot of funny and quotable lines in the movie. You’re going to love reading through these Gaston quotes.
He’s arrogant and very confident. He’s a skilled hunter and is very determined to marry Belle. All of the women in their village are pining after Gaston because he is very popular and handsome. There is a set of triplet girls that swoon over him.
The triplets names are Paulette, Claudette, and Laurette. Together they’re known as the Bimbettes.
The reason he wants to marry Belle is simply because of her beauty. He thinks her father is crazy. Belle loves to read books, which Gaston doesn’t understand.
He owns that tavern in their town and also lives in it. His best friend is LeFou, who is also his faithful sidekick.
Gaston attempts to takeover the castle and take down the beast to win over Belle. He ends up being unsuccessful, the Beast drags him around, and he falls to his death.
He has catchy quotes throughout the movie, but the most notable ones are from his song that you’ll see him singing titled “Gaston”.
Related Content: 26 Tow Mater Quotes That Will Keep You Laughing
Some of the other characters in Beauty And The Beast are Belle the Disney Princess, her father Maurice, The Beast, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Cogsworth, Lumiere, and LeFou.
I grew up watching Beauty And The Beast and loving all the songs in it, the beautiful animation, and the sweet and funny characters. This is Disney’s 30th animated feature film.
Now that you know all about Gaston, let’s get to the Gaston quotes!
1. Here in town there’s only she, who is beautiful as me, so I’m making plans to woo and marry Belle!
2. It’s hero time!
3. It’s not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting ideas, and thinking.
4. As a specimen yes I’m intimidating!
5. It’s over, Beast! Belle is mine!
6. What’s the matter, Beast, too kind and gentle to fight back?
7. Take whatever booty you can find, but remember, the Beast is mine!
8. Why, thank you, Belle! What would you say if you and I took a walk over to the tavern and took a look at my trophies?
9. I’ll have Belle for my wife! Make no mistake about that!
10. It’s like this: I’ve got my heart set on marrying Belle, but she needs a little persuasion.
11. And every last inch of me’s covered in hair
12. I’m especially good at expectorating.
13. I use antlers in all of my decorating!
14. I’d like to thank you all for coming to my wedding. But first I’d better go in there and propose to the girl!
15. You are the wildest, most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen! Nobody deserves you (said to his reflection).
16. Were you in love with her, Beast? Did you honestly think she’d want you when she had someone like me?
17. When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large! And now that I’m grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I’m roughly the size of a barge!
18. Screw your courage to the sticking place!
19. How can you read this? There’s no pictures!
20. Come on out and fight!
21. Lefou, I’m afraid I’ve been thinking.
22. Gaston: If I didn’t know better, I’d think you had feelings for this monster.
Belle: He’s no monster Gaston. You are!
23. Lefou and Gaston: No one plots like Gaston.
Gaston: Takes cheap shots like Gaston.
Lefou: Plans to persecute harmless crackpots like Gaston!
24. Everyone knows her father’s a lunatic. He was in here tonight, raving about a beast in a castle.
25. Let me go! Let me go, please! Don’t hurt me! I’ll do anything! Anything!
26. Here, picture this. A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire, and my little wife massaging my feet, while the little ones play on the floor with the dogs. We’ll have six or seven.
Pin this image so you can save these Gaston quotes for later!