Coco is a Disney Pixar movie that was released in 2017. It follows a 12 year old boy named Miguel and is about his family in Mexico. You’re going to love these Coco movie quotes.
Coco is one of my two favorite Pixar movies! The other is Monster’s University. Coco has the cutest storyline and the animation is absolutely beautiful. I love the music too!
It’s one of those movies where you can’t help, but shed a tear at a few parts. Especially at the end when Mama Coco remembers her papa!
Miguel loves music, but his family hates it. His idol is the famous Ernesto De La Cruz, who he thinks he’s related to.
He accidentally ends up in the Land Of The Dead where he meets his ancestors, Ernesto De La Cruz, and his new friend Hector. He learns the real history of his family and learns how important family really is.
The movie takes place before Dia De Los Muertos (Day Of The Dead). He has to help his family in the Land Of The Living remember Coco’s dad Hector and get his picture on their family’s ofrenda.
The characters are voiced by Anthony Gonzalez, Gael Garcia Bernal, Benjamin Bratt, Jaime Camil, and more.
These Coco movie quotes are emotional, funny, and cute.
Coco Movie Quotes
1. I know, I’m not supposed to love music. But my great-grandma Coco’s father was the greatest musician of all time, Ernesto de la Cruz. One day he left with his guitar and never returned, now my family thinks music is a curse. – Miguel
2. Family comes first. – Miguel
3. Oh, it’s you. You’re going to get me into trouble, Dante. Someone could hear me! I wish someone wanted to hear me, other than you. – Miguel
4. I think it is one of those made-up things adults tell kids, like vitamins. – Miguel
5. Great-great grandfather, none of them understand me. I’m supposed to play music! – Miguel
6. You don’t have to forgive him, but we shouldn’t forget him. – Miguel
Related Content: 46 Onward Quotes That Are Simply Magical
7. Every year, grandkids, cousins, pretty much everyone gets together, even great grandma Coco… I tell her pretty much everything… I used to run like this but now I run like this which is way faster! – Miguel
8. Sometimes I look at Ernesto de La Cruz and I feel like we are connected. – Miguel
9. We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family. – Miguel
10. I’m proud we’re family! – Miguel
11. I am not like the rest of my family. There’s something that makes me different. – Miguel
12. That is what families are supposed to do, support you. But you never will. – Miguel
13. Hector should be on our ofrenda. He’s part of our family. – Miguel
14. I don’t want to be part of this family anymore! – Miguel
15. This isn’t a dream then. You’re all really out there. – Miguel
16. To be here with you tonight brings me joy! Qué alegriá for this music is my language and the world es mi Familia. – Miguel
17. Music’s the only way that makes me happy. – Miguel
18. Music tore her family apart. Shoes brought them together. – Miguel
Related Content: 76 Turning Red Quotes That Are SO Quotable
19. You’re not a spirit guide. You’re just a dumb dog. – Miguel
20. A minute ago I thought I was related to a murderer! You’re a total upgrade! – Miguel
21. I’m walking like a skeleton. – Miguel
22. He tried to go home to you and Coco. But de la Cruz murdered him! – Miguel
23. I think we’re the only family in México who hates music. – Miguel
24. A melody played on the strings of our souls and the rhythm that rattled us down to the bone. Our love for each other will live on forever in every beat of my proud corazón. – Miguel (This is one of my favorite Coco quotes!)
25. Say that I’m crazy or call me a fool but last night it seemed that I dreamed about you. When I opened my mouth what came out was a song and you knew every word and we all sang along. – Miguel
26. I wasn’t in there because of Héctor. He was in there because of me. He was just trying to get me home! I didn’t want to listen, but he was right! Nothing is more important than family. I’m ready to accept your blessing. And your conditions. But first, I need to find de la Cruz. To get Héctor’s photo! – Miguel
27. I’m running out of time. It’s Coco. – Hector
28. If there’s no one left in the living world to remember you, you disappear from this world. But you can change that! – Hector
29. No, it doesn’t work like that, chamaco. Our memories, they have to be passed down by those who knew us in life in the stories they tell about us. But there’s no one left alive to pass down Cheech’s stories. Hey, it happens to everyone eventually. – Hector
30. Remember me, though I have to say goodbye. Remember me, don’t let it make you cry. For even if I’m far away, I hold you in my heart. I sing a secret song to you each night we are apart. Remember me, though I have to travel far. Remember me, each time you hear a sad guitar. – Hector
31. It has been an honor. I hope you die real soon. -Hector
32. One cannot deny who one is meant to be. – Ernesto De La Cruz
33. Success doesn’t come for free. You have to do whatever it takes to seize your moment. – Ernesto De La Cruz
34. I have to sing, I have to play. The music, it’s not just in me, it is me. When life gets me down, I play my guitar. The rest of the world may follow the rules, but I must follow my heart. You know that feeling. Like there’s a song in the air and it’s playing just for you. I hope you like it. – Ernesto De La Cruz
35. He’s a THREAT! – Ernesto De La Cruz
36. I am the one who is willing to do what it takes to seize my moment, whatever it takes. – Ernesto De La Cruz
37. I’ve worked too hard, Hector. Too hard to let him destroy everything. – Ernesto De La Cruz
38. The feeling, so close, you can reach out and touch it. I never knew I could want something so much, but it’s true. – Ernesto De La Cruz
39. He will listen, he will listen to music. – Ernesto De La Cruz
40. You think I’d let him go back to the land of the living with your photo? To keep your memory alive? No. – Ernesto De La Cruz
41. Never underestimate the power of music. No one was going to hand me my future, it was up to me to reach for my dream, grab it tight and make it come true. – Ernesto De La Cruz
42. Only a song has the power to change a heart. Never underestimate the power of music. – Ernesto De La Cruz
43. You, my boy, are meant to be a musician. – Ernesto De La Cruz
44. Don’t I know you? – Ernesto De La Cruz (to Mama Imelda)
[Smacks Ernesto with her shoe] That’s for murdering the love of my life! – Mama Imelda
Who the…? – Ernesto De La Cruz
She’s talking about me! I am the love of your life? – Hector
I don’t know, I am still angry at you! – Mama Imelda
45. I want nothing to do with you! Not in life, not in death! I spent decades protecting my family from your mistakes. He spends five minutes with you, and I have to fish him out of a sinkhole! – Mama Imelda
46. Never forget how much your family cares for you. – Mama Imelda
47. Never forget how much your family loves you. – Mama Imelda
48. And so what if it’s true? You leave me alone with a child to raise, and I’m just supposed to forgive you? – Mama Imelda
49. I can’t forgive you. But I will help you. – Mama Imelda
50. Miguel, if we help you get his photo, you will return home? No more music? – Mama Imelda
51. I loved it! I remember that my husband would play, and I loved to sing, and nothing else mattered. – Mama Imelda
52. She’s forgetting you. – Mama Imelda
53. That devil box tells you nothing but lies. – Mama Imelda
54. But when we had Coco, there was something that mattered more than music. I wanted to put down roots. He wanted to play for the world. We each made a sacrifice to get what we wanted. Now, you must make a choice. – Mama Imelda
55. I wanted to forget you. I wanted Coco to forget you, too. – Mama Imelda
56. Día de Muertos has begun! It’s the one night of the year our ancestors can come visit us. – Abuelita
57. Tonight is about family. – Abuelita
58. No music! No music! – Abuelita
59. Being a part of this family means you are here for this family. – Abuelita
60. Never name a street dog. They will follow you forever. Now, go get my shoe. – Abuelita
61. They’re your family. – Head Clerk
62. You’ve got to get home before sunrise or you’ll be stuck here forever. – Head Clerk
63. Welcome to the Land of the Dead. Agents at the Department of Family Reunions are available to assist you. Please, on the lookout for a living boy. – Arrival Agent
64. I miss my nose… – Tio Oscar (looking at Miguel’s face)
What is your favorite Coco movie quote?
Pin this image to save these Coco movie quotes for later!