Onward is a Disney Pixar movie that follows two teenage elf brothers on a unique journey. You are going to love reading these Onward quotes and reminiscing on the movie.
It was a new original feature film that went to theaters in March of 2020, then was released on Disney+ in April of 2020. It was made by Pixar Animation Studios.
This movie is set in a suburban fantasy world. The main characters are brothers Barley Lightfoot and Ian Lightfoot.
Barley is voiced by Chris Pratt and Ian is voiced by Tom Holland.
The brothers head out on a journey to spend one more day with their father who passed away.
They have many adventures along the way and have to see if there’s still a little magic left in the world to help them complete their quest.
Their dad’s name is Wilden Lightfoot and their mom is Laurel Lightfoot.
These Onward movie quotes are funny, sad, inspirational, and magical.
1. There’s a mighty warrior in you, you just have to let him out. – Barley Lightfoot
2. On a quest, the clear path is never the right one. -Barley
3. It’s not fair for you to call me a screw up if you don’t give me a chance to do one thing right. – Barley
4. It’s not fair to call me a screwup if you don’t give me a chance to do something right. Just do one thing my way. – Barley
5. For a spell to work, you have to speak from your heart’s fire! – Barley
Related Content: 51 Soul Movie Quotes That’ll Leave You Feeling Jazzed
6. There’s no top part. I definitely remember dad having a top part. – Barley
7. This spell brings him back. For one whole day, dad will be back! – Barley
8. I was supposed to say goodbye, but I was scared. That’s when I decided I was never going to be scared again. – Barley
9. A person can only do magic if they have the gift. And my little brother has the magic gift. – Barley
10. I remember his beard was scratchy, he had a funny laugh, and he used to play drums on his feet. – Barley
11. Behold, your chariot awaits! – Barley
12. In ancient times you celebrated your birthday with a solemn quest. – Barley
13. Put it on O for onward! – Barley
14. Hey, you can do this! – Barley
15. Believe with every step! – Barley
16. You’re not running from the cops. You’re running from our mom’s boyfriend. – Barley
17. You see that, dad? The apprentice has become the master. – Barley
18. He always thought his wizard name would be Weldon the Whimsical. – Barley
19. By the laws of Yore, I dub thee a man today. – Barley
20. I told you, everything from quests of Yore is historically accurate. – Barley
21. Magic doesn’t get it wrong. – Barley
22. Well not with that attitude… – Barley
23. I just need a break. Baby legs can’t go that fast. – Barley
24. We are going on a grand and glorious quest. – Barley
It’s not a quest. It’s just a really fast and strange errand. – Ian
It’s totally a quest. – Barley
25. Only once is all we get. Grant me this rebirth. ‘Til tomorrow’s sunset, one day to walk the earth. – Ian Lightfoot (from Dad’s spell)
26. I think with a little bit of magic in your life, you can do anything. – Ian
27. Whatever it takes, I’m going to meet my dad. – Ian
28. I can’t believe I’m this close to talking to my dad! – Ian
29. We have followed the quest and it has led us to our victor! -Ian
30. I never had a dad, but I always had you. – Ian
31. New me- Speak more. Learn to drive. Invite people to party. Be like dad. – Ian
32. I sure do wish I could spend the day with you sometime. – Ian
33. Believe with every step. Hey dad, this last step is for you. – Ian
34. I’m a mighty warrior. – Laurel Lightfoot
35. Your birthday’s a day to try new things! – Laurel
36. When your dad got sick, he fought so hard because he wanted to meet you more than anything. – Laurel
37. My little chubby cheeks is all grown up. – Laurel
38. I hope there’s a little magic left in you. – Wilden Lightfoot
39. Long ago the world was full of wonder. It was adventurous, exciting, and full of magic. And that magic helped all in need. – Wilden
40. You have to take risks in life to have an adventure. – The Manticore
41. My days of sending people on dangerous quests are over. – The Manticore
42. Last name Manticore. First name The. – The Manticore
43. Oh, I’m gonna like you. – The Manticore
44. I used to be dangerous and wild. I’m living a lie. What have I become? – The Manticore
45. I was born to run! – Colt Bronco
46. He was just bold. I always wished I had a little bit of that in me. – Dad’s College Friend
Which of these Onward quotes is your favorite?
Pin this image to save these Onward Quotes for later!