Dumbo is an animated Walt Disney movie that came out in 1941. The main character is Dumbo. He’s a cute, lovable elephant who really pulls on your heart strings. These Dumbo quotes are so fun to read through.
You can use these Dumbo quotes to just read and reminisce on the Dumbo movie or you can choose a Disney Dumbo quote to use for nursery decor.
This Disney movie is about a baby elephant who has really big ears and gets made fun of for it. His real name is Jumbo Jr., but he’s in the circus and gets cruelly renamed Dumbo.
He gets separated from his mom, which is heartbreaking to watch. This happens because she is angry that her baby is being mocked and laughed at, so she acts out and they think that she’s gone mad.
Dumbo discovers that he can fly with his big ears, which makes him the star of the circus show. He flies using a magic feather, but his positive thinking and perseverance is really what helps the most.
The circus is owned by Max Medici and it is really struggling until Dumbo the flying elephant wows the crowds.
Dumbo is obviously the main character. Some other characters in the movie are his mom Mrs. Jumbo, Timothy Q. Mouse, Casey Jr., Jim Crow, and Mr. Stork.
There was a live action version of Dumbo that came out in 2019 and was directed by Tim Burton. I love both versions of the movie!
These Dumbo Disney quotes are sweet, sad, magical, heart-warming, emotional, and motivational. There are even inspirational quotes.
1. Don’t just fly, soar! – Dumbo
2. Some days deserve an extra dose of cute. – Dumbo
3. Cast your doubts aside and fly. – Dumbo
Related Content: 12 Facts About Dumbo That You Probably Didn’t Know
4. A mother’s love is the ultimate comfort. – Dumbo
5. Dumbo! The ninth wonder of the universe! The world’s only flying elephant! – Timothy Q. Mouse
6. Dumbo! Look! Have I got it! The magic feather! Now you can fly! – Timothy Q. Mouse
7. Must have overdid it in there, don’t know my own strength sometimes. – Timothy Q. Mouse
8. What’s the matter with his ears? I don’t see nothing wrong with them. I think they’re cute. – Timothy Q. Mouse
9. You oughtta be ashamed of yourselves! A bunch of big guys like you, picking on a poor little orphan like him. Suppose you was torn away from your mother when you was just a baby. Nobody to tuck you in at nights. No warm, soft, caressing trunk to snuggle into. How would you like being left out alone, in a cold, cruel, heartless world? – Timothy Q. Mouse
10. Your ma ain’t crazy. She’s just broken-hearted. And it ain’t nobody’s fault you got them big ears. Dumbo, I think your ears are beautiful! As a matter of fact, I think they’re very decorative. Lots of people with big ears are famous! – Timothy Q. Mouse
11. The very things that held you down are gonna carry you up and up and up. – Timothy Q. Mouse
12. I know how you feel, Dumbo, but you’ll have to pull yourself together. What would your mother think of you, if she saw you crying like this? Remember, you come from a proud race. – Timothy Q. Mouse
13. They’re giving him the cold shoulder. Poor little guy. There he goes, without a friend in the world. Nobody to turn to. – Timothy Q. Mouse
14. Just because he’s got those big ears, they call him a freak. The laughing stock of the circus. And when his mother tried to protect him, they threw her into the clink. – Timothy Q. Mouse
15. Embrace what makes you different. – Timothy Q. Mouse
16. Your mother’ll be so proud of you, I’ll be proud of you, too. The whole circus be proud of you. – Timothy Q. Mouse
17. What’s the use of talking to you cold hearted boys? Go ahead! Have your fun! Laugh at him! Kick him now that he’s down! Go on! We don’t care. – Timothy Q. Mouse
18. The very things that held you down are gonna carry you up and up and up. – Timothy Q. Mouse
19. You oughta be proud. You’re a success. – Timothy Q. Mouse
20. I’m gonna take care of your future. – Timothy Q. Mouse
21. Dumbo! You flew! Boy am I stupid. Why didn’t I think of this before? Your ears! Just look at them, Dumbo! Why, they’re perfect wings! – Timothy Q. Mouse
22. You’re standing on the threshold of success. Don’t look down, it’ll make you dizzy. – Timothy Q. Mouse
23. Rest your head close to my heart never to part, baby of mine. – Mrs. Jumbo
24. I seen a peanut stand, and heard a rubber band. I’ve seen a needle that winked its eye, but I been done seen about everything, when I see an elephant fly. – Jim Crow
25. Straight from heaven up above, here is a baby for you to love. – Mr. Stork
26. Be careful. Don’t hurt the little guy. – Clown
C’mon, elephants ain’t got no feelings. – Skinny
27. Nothing stops him, he’ll get through. – Narrator
28. You’re no cream puff yourself, dearie! – Catty
Which Disney quote is your favorite?
Pin this image to save these Dumbo Quotes for later!